It has a positive effect on metabolic processes in the brain, increases the concentration of winstrol dosage in the brain tissue, enhances the biosynthesis of ribonucleic acids and phospholipids, stimulates glycolytic processes, enhances glucose utilization. Improves the integrative activity of the brain contributes to memory consolidation, it facilitates the learning process.
Change the speed of propagation of excitation in the brain, improves microcirculation, without causing vasodilatory action, inhibits aggregation of activated platelets. It has a protective effect in brain damage caused by hypoxia, intoxication, electroshock, enhances the alpha and beta activity, reduces delta activity on EEG, reduces the severity of vestibular nystagmus. It does not possess sedative, psychoactive influence. The drug improves the communication between the hemispheres of the brain and synaptic conductance in neocortical structures, restores and stabilizes the cerebral function, especially awareness, memory, and it improves mental performance, improves cerebral blood flow.
- Symptomatic treatment of psycho-organic syndrome, particularly in elderly patients suffering from memory loss, dizziness, reduced concentration and general activity, mood lability, conduct disorder, gait disturbance, as well as in patients with Alzheimer’s disease and senile dementia of the Alzheimer type;
- Consequences of ischemic stroke, such as speech disorders, disorders of the emotional sphere, to improve motor and mental activity;
- Chronic alcoholism – for the treatment of psycho-organic and withdrawal syndromes;
- The period of recovery after traumatic brain injury and cerebral intoxication;
- Vertigo and the related balance disorders, with the exception of dizziness of vasomotor and psychogenic origin;
- In the complex treatment of lower learning ability in children with psycho-organic syndrome;Contraindications Individual intolerance of piracetam or pyrrolidone derivatives, as well as other components of the drug;
- psychomotor agitation at the time of appointment of the drug;
- Huntington’s chorea;
- acute ischemic stroke (hemorrhagic stroke);
- end-stage renal failure (creatinine clearance less than 20 mL / min);
- Children up to age 3 years.Carefully:
- violation of hemostasis;
- extensive surgery;
- heavy bleeding.Pregnancy and lactation Studies have not been conducted in pregnant women. Piracetam crosses the placental barrier and into breast milk. The concentration of the drug in infants up to 70-90% of its concentration in the blood of the mother. Except in special circumstances must not be administered during pregnancy. It should refrain from breast-feeding winstrol dose in the appointment of a woman piracetam. Elderly patients Dose corrected in the presence of renal insufficiency and long-term treatment is necessary to monitor renal function.
Dosing in patients with hepatic impairment. Patients with impaired liver function the winstrol dosage dose does not need correction. Patients with impaired renal function and liver and dosing is carried out according to the scheme (see. Section “dosing patients with impaired renal function”)
Side effect On the part of the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system: motor disinhibition (1.72%), irritability (1.13%), drowsiness (0.96%), depression (0.83%), fatigue (0.23%) . These side effects are more common in elderly patients treated at a dose of more than 2.4 g / day. In most cases it is possible to achieve regression of these symptoms by reducing the dose. In rare cases – dizziness, headache, ataxia, exacerbation of epilepsy, extrapyramidal disorder, tremor, imbalance, reduced ability to concentrate, insomnia, agitation, anxiety, hallucinations, increased sexuality. On the part of the cardiovascular system: seldom – the reduction or increase in blood pressure, worsening of angina. From the digestive system: in rare cases – nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain (including gastralgia).On the part of metabolism: increased body mass index (1.29%) – It occurs more often in elderly patients treated at a dose of more than 2.4 g / day. For the skin: dermatitis, pruritus, rash, angioedema.
Overdose Following oral administration at a dose of piracetam 75 g marked dyspeptic phenomena, such as diarrhea, blood and abdominal pain. Treatment: immediately after ingestion of the drug, you can wash out the stomach or cause an artificial vomiting. Recommended winstrol dosage holding of symptomatic therapy, which may include hemodialysis. No specific antidote. The effectiveness of hemodialysis for piracetam is 50-60%.
Interaction with other drugs Piracetam increases the effectiveness of thyroid hormones and antipsychotic drugs (neuroleptics). When concomitant administration of neuroleptics with Piracetam reduces the risk of extrapyramidal disorders. In an application with drugs, has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system, may increase the stimulating effect on the central nervous system. There was no interaction with clonazepam, phenytoin, phenobarbital, sodium valproate. High doses (9.6 g / day) increases the effectiveness of piracetam anticoagulants in patients with venous thrombosis (indicated greater reduction in platelet aggregation levels, fibrinogen level, Villibranta factors, blood viscosity and plasma compared with only indirect anticoagulants). Reception piracetam at a dose of 20 mg / day did not change the peak and the curve of the level of concentration of antiepileptic drugs in serum (carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, valproate) in epileptic patients receiving constant dosing. Joint reception with alcohol did not affect the level of concentration of piracetam in the serum and alcohol in blood serum concentration did not change when receiving 1.6 g piracetam.
Specific guidance In connection with the effect of piracetam on platelet aggregation, caution is recommended when administering the drug to patients with impaired hemostasis during major surgery or in patients with symptoms of severe bleeding. When treating patients with cortical myoclonia avoid abrupt interruption of treatment, which may cause the resumption of attacks. In long-term winstrol dosage treatment of elderly patients is recommended regular monitoring of indicators of kidney function, if necessary, a correction of the dose depending on the results of the study of creatinine clearance. Taking into account the possible side effects should be be careful when performing work with machinery and driving. It penetrates through the filtration membranes for hemodialysis machines.